The Advanced Spectroscopy System for USB includes the Universal Computer Spectrometer with software in a 1K, 2K or 4K version, TEL-SP38 complete scintillation probe with stand, base and cable, TEL-RSS8 set of 8 radioactive sources including an "unknown", and the "Experiments in Gamma Spectroscopy" manual (on CD).
- Fully digital electronics (uses AD7745IC)
- USB connection (no power supply required)
- Measures capacitance directly
- 24 bit resolution
- Get 10% accurate results in a single lab period.
- Compact unit uses a 25 micron diameter, adjustable length, tungsten wire.
- Short oscillation periods of 2-4 minutes.
- No more optical lever jitters due to revolutionary SDC sensor technology.
- Software to record data included with each unit
You can now eliminate most of the frustrations and aggravation in performing this historic experiment with this new cutting edge technology developed and patented by Dr. Randall Peters. (Click here for a detailed explanation of these unique sensors.) The use of this simple device to measure the gravitational constant G (in a single lab period!) will impress your students in a way no textbook or even video can match.
With the Electron Diffraction Tube one can verify the de Broglie hypothesis and establish the dual nature of the electron. In addition, one can calculate the interatomic spacings of carbon, (the diffracting material in the tube). (Cables are not included in the system.)
Also available is the same system but with the MCP power supply.